Local & organic since 1981 --
Without all the hoopla!
Street Bakery Cafe
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, the Ninth Street Bakery Cafe has been a proud part of the downtown community for almost 20 years. Originally on 9th Street (hence the name), we moved to our downtown location to expand production. Since then, our friendly staff has provided Durham with fresh baked goods and healthy lunch options.
Visit us at 136 E. Chapel Hill St., near Five Points, and enjoy the smell of fresh-baked bread and pastries! Maybe you'll catch a glimpse of our bakers hard at work.
What you'll find at the Ninth Street Bakery Cafe:
- Super-tasty pastries
- Locally roasted coffee
- Lunch, including sandwiches, soup & chili, salads, and a daily special
- Artisan breads, like our Bull City Sourdough, French Baguettes, and Rosemary au Levain
- Day-old loaves for only $1.85
- Bull City Booch on tap, our house-made kombucha
- A selection of bottled and draft beer!